FSG is working with University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) on the development and ongoing operation of an Advanced Manufacturing Academy. The new academy, which opens in April this year, will be based within the School of Engineering in the IQ Building in Swansea’s SA1 development.
The development period will enable the university to establish the academy as a sustainable commercial entity, which will:
- Develop and deliver CNC programming and machining skills courses as part of engineering apprenticeship frameworks
- Develop and deliver CNC related programmes for workforce upskilling
- Identify and develop training solutions in relation to the emerging skills requirements of the engineering and manufacturing sector
- Establish relevant accreditation for all programmes developed
- Provide an employer liaison interface for the university
FSG is consulting with UWTSD on the academy’s development and is leading on a steering group with other major businesses in south Wales to ensure the academy meets business needs.